Skip to content
- Families where there is a parent/significant adult accessing or needing and willing to access treatment from adult drug treatment providers and/or Adult Community Mental Health Teams
- Families where there are young carers aged 6-18 years old caring for or impacted by a parent/significant adult’s mental illness or substance misuse, who are at risk of achieving poor outcomes or that would benefit from early intervention to prevent family breakdown
- An agreement from the young carer in the family to engage with the support. Please note: all young carers will be assessed and all support work of this project will work towards the inclusion into mainstream Young Carers services
- The family are fully aware and in agreement for the referral to take place
- Complete the referral form (please complete as fully as possible to prevent delay in our assessment process) and return to: Carers Bucks, Ardenham Court, Oxford Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8HT
- Once the referral form has been received we will then aim to contact the family within 3-5 days to book assessment visit where appropiate.
- We will then go and carry out a brief assessment of the families’ needs and suitability for the service.
- The families’ case will then be discussed at our allocation meeting and a decision will be made regarding the appropriateness of the referral for support from the project.
- The family and referrer will receive confirmation of the outcome of the assessment.
- If referral is appropriate, a Support Worker will be allocated and work with the family will commence as soon as possible.